Hide Fields

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Morning & Happy New Year

While on your site, I wanted to try the Hide Fields jpoint, but when you go into edit mode, there is no data there to copy to try in a separate web part

Can you take a look please or post the code so that I can add to my cewp - I want to try as an alternative to modifying the Editform.aspx.

I have some ideas for jpoint - where should I add them?

Regards

Iain

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Happy New Year to you Iain from jPoint team!

Here are instructions you were looking for:

In order to use hide form fields code on your site:
1. Add form webpart to NewForm.aspx or EditForm.aspx
2. Paste following lines:
<script type="text/javascript" src="//sharejpoint.googlecode.com/files/jPointLoader.js" ></script>
<script src="http://www.sharejpoint.com/src/jpoint/webparts/jPart.hideFormFields.js"></script>
3. Save
4. Exit Edit Mode

Aug 13, 2010 at 6:53 PM

I am getting an error from the CEWP hosting the jPoint scripts. The error appears after I press the "Options" button in the CEWP which states "getAlternativeComments Error: undefined" with an 'OK' button, then followed by a second error message "An error occurred when reading the form. [object error]".

After the second pop-up error goes away, my yellow screen is replaced by a grey one AND my "Options" button is replaced with 2 buttons called "Update" and "Cancel". Clicking the update causes more similar errors and then ends by adding a second instance of the yellow screen below the first instance AND clicking the "Cancel" button resets the CEWP back to the yellow screen.

Unlike in the examples which show an "Edit" button, I do not have this but I do have an "Options" button.

On my page is a basic Form Web Part and a CEWP with the 2 scripts included in the source code.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Alex

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:09 AM
samirsijercic wrote:

Happy New Year to you Iain from jPoint team!

Here are instructions you were looking for:

In order to use hide form fields code on your site:
1. Add form webpart to NewForm.aspx or EditForm.aspx
2. Paste following lines:
<script type="text/javascript" src="//sharejpoint.googlecode.com/files/jPointLoader.js" ></script>
<script src="http://www.sharejpoint.com/src/jpoint/webparts/jPart.hideFormFields.js"></script>
3. Save
4. Exit Edit Mode

I allready follow these step, but when I click Options button, form config not appear.