uploading documents to doc library using sharejpoint

Apr 26, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Hello,

Does anyone have an example of uploading docs using sharejpoint?

thanks

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2010 at 4:44 PM
Edited Apr 26, 2010 at 4:45 PM
I believe Samir does.  He used jPoint in a project to attach files to a custom form, but the solution required a server-side aspx upload file.  However, I think he has some thoughts on performing it all client-side.  Samir?

- Will 

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:10 AM, femig <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone have an example of uploading docs using sharejpoint?

thanks

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (jPoint@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email jPoint@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Due to browser security user still has to use file upload control to upload files.

I have developed a way to attach files to the list item as attachments from any page on SharePoint, but as Will says it still needs server side .aspx page.

So 1 .aspx page, 1 jPoint webpart which calls .aspx page in iFrame and passes parameters of "SiteURL" (where list lives) and "ListID".

Iframe shows up with file upload control and on upload uses parameters to save file to the list.

Let me know if this would work for your case before I start explaining code?

Apr 26, 2010 at 7:09 PM

thanks samir,

not too sure this will work for me..i am developing a mobile app with rhomobile which needs to interact with sharepoint web services thus only a 100% javascript + HTML option will do..

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2010 at 7:17 PM

From the phone perspective it would be html if phone can handle input type="file" html control.

Server side I am explaining is living on SharePoint server which is apart from mobile development.

So I can still see this working with rhomobile solution.

Also another way to import files from phone to SharePoint is to enable document library to accept emails, and then users can email files to SharePoint document library where you attach workflow to process them on the server and file them in proper directories.

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2010 at 9:17 PM

If you are trying to create file from text you can create your own web service on your server and consume it in your rhomobile solution.

Here is a example of how to build web service:

http://www.dotnetcurry.com/ShowArticle.aspx?ID=297

I hope at least one of these solutions gets your rolling in a right direction.